- LUCY Spring Multicultural Book Talk Video
- LUCY Multicultural Continuing Education Day Author Webinar
- Teaching the Civil Rights Movement with Literature
- Celebrating Our Presidents
- New Multicultural LUCY Titles: Primary
- New Multicultural LUCY Titles: Secondary
- Character Traits and Multicultural Folktales
The following videos include discussion of the Learning Resource Center, LUCY's definition of Cultural Competency, and Virginia's diversity.
- Dr. Carol Doll in the Learning Resource Center
- Dr. KaaVonia Hinton-Johnson and Dr. Gail Dickinson on Cultural Competency
- Dr. Gail Dickinson on Virginia's diversity
Dr. Carol Doll on School Talk (13:35 mark)
To register for these webinars and access them at your convenience, complete this form and send it in to LUCY via fax, email, or postal mail. Make sure to ask about our webinar special! Order two webinars for the price of one or register two people for the price of a single person.
Fax: (757) 683-5862
Mail: ATTN LUCY, ED 145, Dept. of Teaching & Learning, Darden College of Education, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529
Cu�ntame un cuento!: Latino Cultural Inclusion in Juvenile Collections with Katie Cunningham, Blogger - $10
This webinar will introduce participants to resources useful for increasing the inclusion of high-quality materials that positively present Latino culture in their juvenile collections. Important authors/illustrators, publishers, and review sources will be shared, as well as examples of excellent books by and about Latinos. See Katie's blog here.
Manga Madness! with Julia Cooley, Secondary School Librarian - $10
- Nurture and develop enthusiasm for reading with your students through manga and anime! This webinar includes a discussion about the genre in general, resources on selecting appropriate titles, and how to use the to promote reading and cultural awareness with your students.
How Multicultural is Your Collection? with Lisa Castellano, Secondary School Librarian - $10
- A secondary librarian will present book talks as well as information about improving your collection.
21st Century Learning for All with Dr. Gail Dickinson, ODU Faculty & LUCY Team Member - $10
- This webinar presents a research-based foundation for teaching all students along with strategies to lobby for open access to technology for those who need it most.
Grant Writing for Multicultural Projects with Dr. Sue Kimmel, ODU Faculty & LUCY Team Member - $10
- Learn tips for successful grant writing as well as funding opportunities to serve your multicultural patrons and build your collection.
Secondary SOL Webinar with Lisa Castellano, Secondary School Librarian - $10
- Check out these multicultural titles tied into secondary subject standards.
Check LUCY Calendar for upcoming workshops!