OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY
TEACHER EDUCATION COUNCIL
The Teacher Education Council's mission is to explore and discuss trends, policy, improvements, and possibilities in professional education and ensures the quality of existing licensure programs. The Teacher Education Council meets this mission through:
- Developing policies in all unit-wide matters relating to educator preparation programs.
- Monitoring state and national policies and overseeing how the unit implements state and national accreditation standards.
- Advocating for educator preparation programs in the university and state.
- Promoting collaborations among the university, P-12 education partners, and other external state and national education constituencies.
- Supporting collaborations across ODU colleges and departments especially related to professional educator preparation programs.
- September 16, 2010
- October 14, 2010
- November 10, 2010
- January 20, 2011
- March 17, 2011
- April 21, 2011