Guidelines for Authors
Academic Perspectives in Higher Education seeks to publish articles that focus on contemporary issues in higher education that are grounded in theory and have implications for professional practice. Submissions for this years journal should focus on contemperary issues in higher education as they relate to diversiy and internationalization. Articles may report the results of research, review print publications or other media of professional interest, or report on "cutting edge" best practice in higher education.
- Manuscripts must be prepared according to the format and guidelines of The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA), Sixth Edition.
- At least one of the authors must be a currently enrolled student or an alumnus of Old Dominion University.
- Manuscripts must be double spaced on 8.5" x 11" paper with a 1" margin on all sides. Set all text in 12-point Times New Roman type. All pages should be numbered with title (no name) in top right corner.
- Manuscripts should not be longer than 30 double-spaced, typewritten pages, including a 50-75 word abstract and tables (not including references).
- Submissions for the 2013-2014 journal are due no later than December 6, 2013. Submit your manuscript to email@example.com
- Only citations included in the manuscript should be listed in the references. Ensure that all sources that are cited in the text appear in the references. Authors are responsible for the accuracy of all references, quotations, tables, and figures.
- Quotations of 300 or more words from one source require written permission from the copyright holder for reproduction. Adaptation of tables and figures also require approval. Authors are responsible for obtaining this approval.
- Avoid footnotes.
- The Journal Review Board will consider manuscripts using a blind review process. The text of manuscripts must not contain any information that will reveal the authors' identities.
- Manuscripts that have been submitted to another publication must not be submitted to Academic Perspectives in Higher Education.
- Authors are responsible for adhering to accepted standards for conducting research involving human subjects.
- Upon acceptance of a manuscript, authors are responsible for making recommended changes and for proofing their manuscript prior to submitting final copy as a Word file.
- As further described in our submission agreement, in consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to Academic Perspectives in Higher Education (APHE) Journal, all copyright in the article, subject to the personal-use exceptions described below.
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of APHE Journal, requires credit to APHE Journal as copyright holder.
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission, provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment; and
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s).