2014 SPRING SEMESTER
APPLICATION FOR TEACHER CANDIDATE INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT
DEADLINE: August 1, 2013
List of school divisions in the Commonwealth of Virginia requiring Backgroung Check for student teaching placement, click here. Tthe school division will inform you which forms need to be completed.
Download and print the entire application packet in single pages. Please read the directions and follow the instructions outlined below:
Application for Teacher Candidate Internship Placement
(for students on-campus and Hampton Roads Area Only)
- Print the entire Application packet in single pages. Click here.
- Teacher Candidates requesting a placement in the following school division(s) must attach the respective form with the Application packet. Click on the title to download the form:
- Chesapeake Public Schools
- Norfolk Public Schools
- Suffolk Public Schools
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools (fillable form)
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
- Complete and sign all the forms where noted in the application packet.
- Keep the Cover Letter and Background Information sheet*.
- After you have met with your academic advisor, submit the completed and signed application packet to Teacher Education Services, 152 Education Building, by the established deadline above.
Teacher Candidate Internship Placement Application for Students at a Distant Location
(for students Outside the Hampton Roads Areas in Virginia and Outside Virginia)
- Print the entire Application packet. Click here.
- Schedule an appointment with your local ODU Site Director.
- Complete and sign all the forms in the application packet with your Site Director.
- Keep the Cover Letter and the Backgroung Information sheet *.
- Submit the completed and signed application packet to your Site Director by established deadline above. The completed application packet is sent by Site Director to Teacher Education Services, 152 Education Building.
- Washington State candidates, attach your resume.
- Teacher Candidates requesting a placement in the following school divisions must attach the respective form with the Application packet. Click on the title to download the form:
- Arlington Public Schools
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Roanoke County Public Schools
- Fredericksburg City Public Schools
- Prince William County Public Schools
- Henrico County Public Schools
- Stafford County Public Schools
- Spotsylvania County Public Schools
- Frederick County Public Schools: Currently, we are not able to accept placement requests for Frederick County. We are working with Frederick County to resolve this situation. Please identify a surrounding county in your placement request.